The VHSA Riding Scholarship
The VHSA Riding Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship donated from the VHSA. It is given to a junior rider on the basis of need, ability and desire, and is to be used for riding instructions with a professional trainer. Selection is made by a committee from nominations sent to the office by the VHSA membership. Nominations are due in the VHSA office by October 1st.
The Michael Lenehan Memorial College Scholarship
The Michael Lenehan Memorial Scholarship is a $1,000 College Scholarship in memory of Michael Lenehan donated by Mrs. Louisa Lenehan. This scholarship is awarded to a deserving high school senior on the basis of need, scholastic record and participation in the VHSA. The nominee must be a Senior in the fall of the year they are nominated. Nominations are due in the VHSA office by October 1st.
The Special Events Committee's Professional Scholarship
The VHSA Special Events Committee is proud to announce the inaugural Professional Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is for "the Continuing Education" for a trainer of any age, working at any level to enable the recipient to further their knowledge and expertise in their given area of specialization. This scholarship will be for travel expenses, clinic fees etc.
A candidates should meet the following criteria:
1) A professional who is a current VHSA member in good standing
2) The applicant must submit a "Letter of Intent", outlining why one would like the scholarship and how one feels it would be of professional benefit.
3) A resume must accompany the "Letter of Intent."
4) The applicant must request 3 letters of recommendation which are to be sent to the VHSA office.
5) The deadline for submission is October 1st.
6) Presentation of the $1,000.00 Scholarship will take place at the VHSA Annual Convention.
Please send in your letters now nominating either yourself or someone you know who is worthy of one of these scholarships. Letters are accepted throughout the show year. ALL NOMINATIONS ARE DUE IN THE VHSA OFFICE BY OCTOBER 1ST.